Fire Department Mount Joy Membership Application Process
Below is a summary of our application process. If you have any questions, please send an email to moc.jmdf@pihsrebmem for more information.
Download an application at the bottom of this page, or stop by the fire station on a Monday evening between 6:30 PM and 9:00 PM.
- Complete the application following all instructions.
- Submit the application with a check in the amount of $20 made out to Fire Department Mount Joy, Inc.
Note: Incomplete applications or applications with no payment check can not be acted on, and will be returned to applicant for additional information.
- After we receive your application, we will complete a Pennsylvania State Police background check and your references will be contacted. You will then be contacted to schedule an interview with the membership committee.
- After your background check has been received and interview completed, your application will be presented to the general membership at a regular monthly company meeting for consideration. You may be present at that meeting, but will be excused from the meeting room during presentation, debate and voting. If you are not present, the FDMJ Secretary will contact you with the results of your application.
- If accepted for membership, you may come to the station on Monday evening to be introduced to the officers and receive you new membership packet. You will be directed to contact the Training Chief and provide copies of any previous fire/rescue training certificates. The Training Chief will review with you FDMJ's training requirements and programs. You will then be directed to contact the Quartermaster to be issued personal protective equipment.
Click here to download our Application in PDF format.